Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Watched part of Motorcycle Diaries last night. I fell asleep about 3/4 into the movie. I liked what I did watch. As some of you may know, I have a fondness for Latin America. That is me Mestizo . I also have a fondness for politics. That would be my mother and father in me. Freakin' rebels that they were. More dad than mom. Che has always been somewhat of an inspiration to me. I admire people that can stick to their convictions (even if they are wrong). That is something that you don't see too much in people these days. Mostly people will line up with a cause because it looks cool. Case in point, Paul McCartney wearing a white Make Poverty History band. If he wanted to make poverty history he would give it away, give it away give it away now..He would also ask Micahel Jackson for the rights to his old Beatles songs..

I am done ranting for now. I will leave with this request.

Buy me a goat!

chuck

2 comments:

Brent Steeno said...

Chuck,
I totally agree with you! The whole "Make Poverty History" thing really irks me!

Chuck Scott said...

I am all for making poverty history.(the actual act) I just don't think it should be a fasion statement.

I think that can happen with any organization. I have had people ask me to send them those "cool red bands" that all the IHOP people are wearing without knowing a thing about Bound For Life.

I am sure that if goat roping were perceived as cool than everyone would be going around with goat ropes around their necks.. :)