Friday, January 22, 2021

Life, Right?

Man, life can change in an instant. We all know that the only guarantee is uncertainty. Those changes are more often than not a device of our own making. In my case years of bad eating, periods of heavy drinking and drug use, and beating my body up physically through work and this notion that I am a stuntman, have caught up to me. My general state of anxiety over the years has also contributed to my current condition. 

On Monday I had a heart attack. In spite of that, the prognosis is good as long as I make some life style changes. I have hit that road running. I am currently quitting smoking, only had 2 cigarettes yesterday, none today. It's remarkably easier to do given the circumstances. Drinking is easy to give up. I rarely drink these days. The only drugs I take are prescriptions.

Right now I am trying not to stress, leaning on the universe to worry about what's coming up. To be closer to the hospital my girlfriend and I are staying in a hotel less than a mile from the hospital. I am going to San Diego sometime next week for angioplasty. Another plus to this is that I got a referral for behavioral health to get back to med maintenance and therapy. I have been off meds since last March or April. I am sure that has had a part in it also. 

So yeah, I'm making some lifestyle changes. Living in the Slabs I am at best 30 minutes away from the hospital. Living off grid with my current set up is not the healthiest right now. I have enough cognition to understand I need to make changes in order to milk senior discounts for decades.

I set up a gofundme to help with expenses. If you don't want to go through GoFundMe, my PayPal email is chuckscot@gmail.com. cash app chuckscot65.

Please feel free to share this. If you can help us that would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank YOU!!!

https://gofund.me/d44ead76

No comments: