Thursday, February 02, 2006

Chuck is on a rant again

Check out this article on Costco. I aint no ciphering wiz, but his guys gonna make more in the long run while making a difference in a lot of people's lives.

I have a different world view than most. I don't see the difference between a world leader and a small child living in abject poverty. We are all on the same level. The link to this article will make one think.

I think we have it too good, and forget that we are in the minority when it comes to the rest of the world's population. Being poor in the western world is not like being poor anywhere else. I grew up poor in this country and I do not remember going without food. We had times where we ate the same thing for weeks on end, but we did not starve.

PAPA (people against poverty and apathy) fest is coming up in June. I will make a link so anyone who is interested can check on the progress of the event. I dare you to look at this site and others like it. (like the Jesus Radicals link to the right)

In a recent conversation, I was confronted with my views on our current administration. I was made to feel that I was less Christian(not intentionally) than those who support the Right. My reply to this is pretty to the point, God is not for one political ideology, God is for God.
We end up ralling around a cause, or group and end up forgetting about God. At the end of the day, we have blown a lot wind, but done nothing to make to better(me included). The whole post modern, emergent or whatever stinking name it wants to use, has made a living out of this soap box posturing. So has the religious right.

It comes down to getting into the trenches. Doing the dirty work and, look out, getting dirty.

Now that I am done posing on my soap box, I will step down, kneel and ask for forgivness for my apathy, and pray for the strenght to actually do something..

chuck

No comments: